There was a time when I thought cold water was good for toning skin, but now I know better. Let me tell you about my lovingly made, natural toner and how it will quickly give you healthier and happier skin whilst hydrating, healing and protecting your face.
Cleansed skin benefits from a good toner – it’s like the icing on a cake. Toning after you have cleansed is an important step in your skincare routine - it should gradually improve the overall condition of your skin, making it feel better than it did yesterday. That’s why I created my toner – to give my customers that little something extra. Here I describe all the wholesome properties of the toner and their great benefits:
1. The base of the toner is made up of two floral waters: lime and grapefruit. Both are known for their toning properties and are especially good for mature skin although it greatly benefits younger skin as well. To this I’ve added Oat Beta Glucan, which is a natural alternative to Hyaluronic Acid and acts like 'bricks and mortar' for our skin, creating a natural and gentle barrier against harsh weather, bacteria and daily pollution.
2. Hyaluronic Acid occurs naturally within our bodies, but we produce less and less as we get older. The Oat Beta Glucan in my toner gradually replenishes what we lose merely because of the process of ageing (other factors such as strains on our lifestyle or diet can also tire our skin). This healthy extract helps to reduce fine lines caused by collagen depletion and improves the elasticity of the skin. Regular use over time means the skin gradually returns to its younger, healthier, natural state.
3. Next, I added a combination of minerals to the toner that helps stimulate cell regeneration and promote epidermal strength. It also mops up free radicals, and fights skin aging by protecting our body's natural proteins. This helps to even out skin tone, resulting in radiant and supple skin.
4. I didn’t stop there. In order to make the toner more robust I added an Algae extract. This is good stuff - it helps to tighten the skin, an important role of a toner. It is also said to have long-term firming and skin protection properties. Most importantly, this extract naturally shrinks open pores without remotely drying the skin, meaning dirt is less likely to build up causing acne break-outs while your skin remains deeply hydrated.
5. The toner is further supplemented by multifruit extract. This ingredient is a blend of 5 botanical extracts - Bilberry, Sugarcane, Sugar Maple, Orange and Lemon, each having a unique beneficial effect on the skin.The oranges and lemons in particular are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants. Together they work hard to even out blemishes, get rid of spots, heal redness, cleanse impurities and moisturise.
6. Then I added Bilberry, which is a skin conditioning fruit. Like many other berries we consume, it is rich in antioxidants and Vitamins B, C and E to help rid the skin of harmful toxins. It also contains Resveratrol and Quercetin, which are known to help counter the ageing process of the skin. Finally, Sugarcane is naturally rich in AHA’s and assists cell renewals - it's the stuff that gives elasticity and vitality to our skin and also helps to fight acne and blemishes.
Rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and natural extracts, these ingredients work together to form a delicious cocktail for the skin.
Like other products in my range, apply a small amount onto a cotton pad. Apply to your face and neck in an upwards circular motion, before using the Day or Night Cream to complete the skincare process.
As with any skincare routine, you will achieve the best results if you regularly exfoliate, cleanse, tone and moisturise. Getting into a regular habit will lead to better looking skin that will not only leave your face rejuvenated, but smoother and cleaner too. For all theses reasons, my toner is fast becoming a favourite among our beauty reviewers for its instant results. If you want naturally happy skin, why not give it a go too?